Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quick update-
Yesterday was a tour of several orphanages (an HIV/AIDS orphanage, a Honduran government orphanage, and one of the best orphanages in Honduras). That's an entire long post, so more on that later.

I got a cell phone today. For those readers that are coming down to Honduras- email me and I will send you the number.

Today was a half day in Monte de Olivas, a squatter camp, with the medical group. Again more on that later- I'll do a huge post very soon. The rest of the day was spent with Claire, one of the long term volunteers, running errands for a New Year's party that we're having tonight for the volunteers. Tomorrow is pretty much a national holiday, so all of the locals are off. Therefore, all of los gringos are going to the beach at Tela for a day of some rest. I know that the long-termers totally need it and I'm looking forward to sleeping in a bit.

Lots of fun and also depressing stories soon- I've got to clean and prepare for the party.

Love.

1 comment: